Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grey is the colour of my sky











Melancholy Wednesday..I suspect too much grey in the sky..Considering I am generally way more positive than is necessary here is a nice little bit of contrast.




.Don't know why..life is grand..excited about starting a new kind of employment in two weeks..perhaps it's all the goodbyes. Yesterday I said goodbye to a few youth I have been working with for a year and four years..sad. Although we reflected on progress and interesting elements/patterns of our work together I realized it is like a death of sorts..I will never see them again in that capacity. I feel so good about the texture and depth of my work with kids-but I realized also how fond I have been of them -and what they have given back to me too! So many others over the years-sigh I have been cavalier about endings.Perhaps now the meaning of it all is ever so clear at this midlife juncture. Over 20 years of youth work..now it's a new shift to the adult world.




Egads perhaps I have leaped into another major life change just when I am still reeling from my daughter's departure. It all resonates deeply.




Thank goodness for all my fur and feathered beasties who distract me to no end.




I will just let myself ride..go through it all..it's all part of it isn't it?




No comments: