Monday, October 05, 2009

the almost fur and feather show day

Ned and new prehistoric kitty settling in..
Sam gets to know n.k.


Yes this is definitely better than the great outdoors


Stephen getting cozy



the others are not amused



I was both aghast and facinated by this concept of hermit crabs as pets? Gaudily painted shells and brightly coloured cages add to the tackiness of it all..certainly not very cuddly .I'm guessing low maintenance however.
Now If only more people opened their doors to mournful cats stares the world would certainly be a more humane place




Yes he made it all the way in..are you really surprised?

















With best intentions I had hustled myself early on a Sunday morning to get out the door in time before rain and numbers made attending the bi annual fur and feather show uncomfortable ( for me and the wee beasties) As it is only held twice yearly in Mount Forest it is an event that I should be indefinitely banned from-as it is a cacophony of animal sounds and smells..in short paradise for someone like me.
However.I never made it past the end of my road where I encountered what looked like a chihuaha/squirrel tai-lless creature skittering across the road. Low and behold it was a mini kitten yowling and (of course )looking mournful pleading to be scooped. i carefully scanned the surroundings for more ..or at least a momcat..but it was a huge field and no others in sight!So homeward bound and fed and nurtured -ultimately snuggling in with Ned-two travellin' cats with a mission.
So it was apparent that the fur and feather show was out of reach and probably a really bad idea at that point.

No comments: