Tuesday, October 19, 2010

healing time..

Little by little ..hour by hour I am feelng a bit more healed. Losing the Twerp has definitely put a wedge into daily living that feels like a darkness below the surface. Daily life goes on however,remarkably -and provides a needed distraction. I am looking for signs that she is peaceful somewhere. Hopefully with the rest of my loved ones-and those she may well remember-Millie and Owen ..
The sunset last night was so powerful and inspiring that it flushed me with a fresh gust of wind and helped me to pause and consider the beauty i usually notice and am grateful for.
The young chicks and mama hen were chortling and singing in their night time nesting box and this also brought a  little warmth and comfort.
The dogs playing and rolling upside down in the grass.. Hank the pot belly wobbling along..munching on apples..kitties leaping and running through the now tall grass and up the trees..goats whinnying in harmony (well sort of) and nuzzling up to me at the end of their play.








The other night masala (our top cat) crept under the covers of our bed and sidled ,purring up beside me..signs.maybe...comfort..






oh yes.
..life goes on.. I am reassured in small steps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been close to tears this morning, and your sweet, sad post pushed me on over. It's good to hear a tiny bit of healing is creeping into your heart. That the other critters carry on, giving and receiving love helps, I know. I am also always amazed that life goes on after loss. I was in the room when my grandad passed away years ago. It was 12:20 a.m. and I remember being astounded that 12:21 dared to tick over.

Heather Murray said...

Hi Carey..Yes it is almost beyond reason trying to cope wih even the concept of death of a loved one. My husband /partner said that he believes the others need us more right now-but selfishly I kind of need them too..every nuzzle or scratch or stroke or touch seems of utmost significance..thank you again for your comforting perspective and wise words..