Wednesday, October 27, 2010

the edge of winter..and art

Readying myself for another work day..Unseasonably warm and hysterically windy outside my window-thank goodness we have been able to keep the heat off for the last few days too.I know we are on the crest of approaching winter-our snow tires are on..most garden gear is away in the shed..but the mums are still in flower and the grass stays steadily ,boldly green despite absense of leaves in the trees now..
Coping with Twerp's death is becoming a bit easier..the grief and feeling of loss is dulled and although still there.. .I am a bit more at peace with her passing and absense.
The other cats have been indoors more with the rain..(and before)-the cold so there are more snuggles and interaction with us ..
i decided to finally put some of my art on the painted walls and was amazed at how the house came to life..it feels like it's warmth and quirky individuality has returned..


early October snowfall..

 later the same day!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your art looks great on those walls! I really love the long, blue/gray lady with the triangle of birds above her head. That's a stunner.

Heather Murray said...

thank you Carey..lovely to hear!

redredday said...

i totally agree! your work really made each living space come to life! my favorite is the one where you have the round table.