Tuesday, May 04, 2010

a Toronto Whirlwind

a superquick overnight to Toronto with my daughter to pick up left over paintings from my show..a walk to kensington market was in order as the day was balmy and lush

first a stroll down Queen West
the landmark  Cameron hotel..

a competent 3 legged dog..
floral abundance on a side street
quirky colourful Victorian homes
we stopped in a little Thai restaurant in the market..refreshingly yummy

street musicians extraordinaire..

vintage finds galore

even on a Sunday ..Spadina is a sea of people
home made ice cream for dinner..Ed's real scoop on Queen

gelato gelato...

my delicious albeit commercial breakfast..gotta have oatmeal!

classic toes in the city
a couple of gentlemen on a stroll

posterama

the stark contrast of mall life...



and then.....home :-)


4 comments:

Amanda Makepeace said...

What a lovely way to share your day. :)

You're in the EBSQ Friday Five!

Heather Murray said...

Thank you Amanda..it was a lovely weekend indeed..with the added bonus of some perfect bonding time with my almost grown up daughter..sigh

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely someone who loves to be in the middle of nowhere (with the appropriate comforts of course), but I do love a regular city fix. Looks like yours was a good one, especially since you were with your favorite person. I haven't been following your blog very long, but long enough to know how dearly you adore your daughter!

Heather Murray said...

yes it was a good fix indeed..made nicer by the company of my almost adult daughter