Sunday, December 02, 2007

on early snowstorms,driving and white knuckles

I continue to fret about chickens..although they seem content with layered straw and heat lamp
the outside of coop ..
morning ..after the storm..
the grey whiteness of today..






Feeling a little less enamoured with stark beauty..when the bully wind/snow storm tumbles over the hills..having to drive in this fury makes my wrists and fingers sore and tense..Squinting to see with my wiper blades thrashing highspeed ..competing with monster flakes that splat on glass..obscuring my precious view. An Amish horse and buggy clip clop by..It must be frosty and cold as pink cheeks indicate..but doesn't it make more sense?


Last week a vision lept in front of my headlights (despite deer whistles..alas..) 7 feet from bumper and moving so sinuously across our sideroad I had to gasp out loud.The fawn...How our fates nearly met..How tragic it would be to injure or kill such a majestic creature ?. Escape,the near miss was divine.


Today I grumpily snoozed inside..read in front of fire..languished until I could no longer stand it and went outdoors to sniff the white grey cool air and move my atrophied muscles..ahhhhh


No comments: