Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ho-l-iday..it will feel alright..



Life's rights of passage..my only one has turned nineteen..How can it be?
She was small for so long..endless days of growing up..and now
..I'm so proud of her passage !


It's been a whirlwind of a week trying to provide for everyone..tidying up work ends, prepping for her big day,supporting through tears and high expectations
and generally managing our sometimes complicated existence (yes everyone pitches in but the role of general overseer and chief bottle washer  tends to fall on my shoulders-and yes I do feel it sometimes!)







Hurrah!!Yes it's here..one full week of mostly personal indulgence. I had to catch myself yesterday..trying to fit everything in over a two day span..and realize I could slow down and pick and choose my tasks and events..What a gift!I will have some time by myself too as daughter and S.O . will be working and we have a window period of 3 cars ..




I have been preparing the property for goats arrival (this week yippee!) and have decided since the fence will not go up immediately in grassy area (he's promised within this month!)I will house the doelings with the piggies until they can stretch their legs a bit more!~Luckily I will be here to supervise and welcome them into our world..the back fenced area should do for now(it's large)-although not grassy it's well fenced and offers shade..














I have become quite connected to my life here..love my creatures and our land immensely -they offer me so much pleasure for the little care they require..


No comments: