Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Goatlove


Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I have been enamoured (obsessed?) with goats for so many years(.Ok so I haven't been open about this aspect of my character..this naggingly hopeful wish.) Keeping them has been only a fantasy while living in an urban setting but finally feels possible here on our country plot. Hank and Winston(the pots) were our choices (well my choice) last summer and have been a rollicking adventure all around.


last night i drove for almost an hour and a half to check out these two lovelies..two doelings not yet ready to part from their mama-but soon to be ours to care for
i am investigating extra fencing options now-and readying their new home to be as goat friendly as possible
The family who have raised them were most gracious and helpful..a good feeling all around


I can't wait

;
looking forward to the journey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good for you! I know those goats will have the very best of everything. My cousin used to have a pot-bellied goat named Lacey, and she was just the sassiest, cutest little gal. It's a good thing she was small because she insisted on butting into everyone whenever the mood struck her. When the family would have big parties, my cousin would put ribbons in all the manes of her horses and on Lacey as well.

Heather Murray said...

I would probably get along well with your cousin :-) I am nervous about the learning curve..I.e. hoof trimming and intergration with others..but I am sure it will be a positive adventure ..