Monday, April 26, 2010

not fur but feather


I caved in and made the early morning drive to Mount Forest to check out the infamous fur and feather show there..extremely dangerous undertaking for someone like me who feels her heart beat faster at the sight of baby lambs,emus,chicks and the likes. However I was on a very tight mission to just observe hens-as our poor little clutch needs a break from Luciano -super strutting macho rooster extraordinaire..So as luck would have it I landed a lovely black silkie on her lonesome and another gorgeous girl who I have to do some investigate work to figure out breed(I promptly forgot in my excitement of claiming her!) the two are nestled in nicely on one half of coop with Consuella (who is currently broody and zen like)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ladies, those two. I know they'll be happy with you.

(Oh, that Luciano. If chickens had trashy romance novels, he'd be on the cover)

Heather Murray said...

ooooh yea....he's quite excited that he has a couple of more ladies to contend with