Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring into ..






















Change is inevitable..Right now I am considering a world where I parent at a distance. There are certainly so many sides to this equation..My daughter is contemplating university..big step ..positive for her and her essential growth..Exciting,thrilling ,terrifying and yes it stretches that elastic that joins us even a little bit more..I woke early today..my head spinning with all the possibilities of our separation..She is my only one so this is it..We move on to the next stage of life..maybe be a little less irritated and exasperated with each other..maybe a litle in awe of the frightening -ly close connection we have..Maybe anticipating reunion with a newfound positivity. I have loved (and at times been consumed by) watching her grow.With all the drama and milestones and pride and..fear . This connection has been like no other. She is ready..I am warming to readiness-as this change will redefine me and perhaps permit me to focus more on inward travels and growth (I think I do a pretty good job at that already :-) I think to some degree I will live vicariously through her own life adventures..but perhaps not so closeup at such intensity that I falter or lose perspective

No comments: