Sunday, January 02, 2011

sometimes life falls into place as it should

I have been fretting lately about the fate of our hens..harassed daily by too many handsome yet aggressive(oxymoron?) roos..I advertised to rehome three of them ..much to the doubting protests of my S>O (I requested a good home for them to roam out their lives-rather than to be served up on a platter)

Anyway I was fortunate to catch the interest of an avid bird friendly 4-h ing 15 year old who runs his own hobby /poultry operation.This polite and sincere young man was keen and insisted he loved his birds and did not slaughter them for food. Upon arrival at his farm I was greeted by this young man and his brother who were gentle with the nervous threesome and seemed quite impressed with their feathered charming qualities! They showed me around..and proudly offered a view of their home made coops-clean and impressive with lots of happy cohabitating birds..
They also bred heritage birds and were quite informed all around..Sometimes it is gratifying to take that extra step!
There was a new calm in the henhouse tonight..sigh

No comments: