Wednesday, September 02, 2009

pigs n potholes and rites of passage







Just thought that title kind of worked..but it does resonate for me-3 days until my lovely (and often challenging) 18 year old daughter jumps out of the nest into her new university life.It has caused me to wake up suddenly in the night..3 am to be exact..and with eyes wide open realize that our earth has shifted ever so slightly . I am typically one who embraces,welcomes change.As I am settling into my more middle section of life my comfort zone is more attractive,familiar (easier) (Thankfully my middle section is getting a little more trim thanks to the local gym)
My personal apple cart is upset. I am tense..have been snappy,irritable with her..she procrastinates ..her room is a huge pile of layered things.We both process this time in our own way. I embrace her excitement..and prepare myself for another step..another me,another her..
Now you may ask..why pigs?
Well they certainly preoccupy me..they are precocious and precious

No comments: